Learn how to make your own homemade refined sugar free breakfast Museli.
This homemade breakfast staple is simply devine served with yogurt and fresh fruit. Tasty and versatile you can even be serve it with stewed apple, rhubarb and ice cream as a wholesome crumble substitute.
The whole house fills with the aroma of this muesli while baking and smells amazing! Definitely worth adding this one to your meekly meal prep session.
How To Store Homemade Museli
This delicious, crunchy muesli will store for a couple of weeks in an airtight container for grab and go breakfasts (if it lasts that long).
Make this muesli your own by adding nuts such as almonds or macadamias and dried fruits. Add the dried fruits after baking to ensure they don’t burn.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar
- optional: handful of chopped nuts and/or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees celsius. Grease and line a large baking tray
- Mix rolled oats, coconut and nuts in a large bowl
- Make a well in the centre and add wet ingredients
- Mix well and spread onto baking tray forming an even layer
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and crunchy (note: check your muesli at half time and stir/turn tray incase one area is browning more quickly)
- Cool completely on tray before storing in an airtight container.