Learn how to bake this delicious refined sugar-free Breakfast Cereal Recipe: Maple Cinnamon Puffs.
These easy-to-bake maple cinnamon puffs are a great little sweet lunchbox snack and refined-sugar free breakfast option for your little ones.
Made with whole grains and pure maple syrup these crispy little morsels are big on flavour and but low in nasties. Maple syrup is still naturally high in sucrose, so these a definitely a sometimes treat for us.
Homemade and wholesome these Maple Cinnamon Puffs are sure to be a winner in your household.
- 4 cups puffed corn
- 2 cups puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly over two lined baking trays.
- Bake for 7-10 mins or until browned. Remove the trays from the oven and allow the puffs to cool slightly. Check to see if the puffs are starting to dry and become crunchy. If they are too ‘wet’ and sticky, return the tray for a couple of extra minutes. Be careful not to forget about them as the sugar in the maple syrup will burn.
- Once cooked, allow the puffs to dry completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve as a finger food snack or with milk as a breakfast cereal.