Learn how to make this easy no bake cheesecake sweetened with refined sugar free maple syrup. This grain free recipe uses a delicious blend of macadamia nuts, coconut and butter to make the cheesecake base.
When I was travelling and living in my caravan I started to miss home baked desserts a lot! So I experimented with some no-bake options and created this delicious refined-sugar free cheesecake. What’s more I found you can actually make this recipe with minimal cooking equipment, even just a blender if you don’t have beaters.
Refined Sugar Free
My husband (the world’s biggest sweet tooth) absolutely adores this recipe and we think it tastes a lot like the continental caramel cheesecake from The Cheesecake Shop, without the sugar high!
I replaced refined sugar with maple syrup in this recipe and included sources of ‘healthy’ fats in the base instead of your traditional biscuits.
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup almonds (skin on) or macadamia nuts, lightly roasted
- 40 grams salted butter, melted
- 500 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (and more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 300 millilitres thickened cream, whipped
- To make the cheesecake base, blend together the coconut and nuts, then mix in the butter
- Press mixture firmly into the base of pie dish and place in the fridge to cool
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla and mixed spice and beat well (taste your mixture at this point and add more syrup to achieve your desired sweetness)
- In a separate bowl mix the gelatine with the boiling water
- Gradually add the gelatine mixture to the cream cheese, beating well
- Fold in the whipped cream until just combine (this will ensure a light consistency)
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over the base
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before serving
Serves 6 – 8 people.