Learn how to cook these simple bacon and cheese mini quiches for a delicious morning or afternoon snack.
This yummy treat is perfect for parties and lunchboxes. It takes no time to make and can be prepared in advance and frozen.
- 1 ½ sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml thickened cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 rashers shortcut bacon, lightly fried and finely diced
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan forced) and grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 24 even sized squares.
- Press a square of pastry into each mini muffin hole. Use a fork to prick the bottom of each.
- Bake the unfilled pastry for 6 - 8 minutes, or until lightly cooked.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs and cream in a pouring jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pastry shells from the oven. Sprinkle a little bacon into each shell and then top with the egg and cream mixture. Finally add a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top of each quiche.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
Note: It is easiest to work with the pasty while it's still slightly cold yet pliable. You can microwave the bacon between sheets of kitchen paper for 60 seconds instead of frying it.