Learn how to save money and make your own easy natural homemade Castile foaming hand soap with this tutorial.
Want to save money and create your very own natural homemade handsoap that's safe for the whole family to use? Try this easy natural homemade Castile foaming hand soap tutorial!
Castile soap is a versatile all-natural soap made from vegetable oil. It is non toxic and biodegradable making it a great choice for homemade products. You can find out more about the benefits and uses for Castile soap from the Healthline website.
What I love about Castile soap is its versatility. I use liquid Castile soap to make my own foaming hand soap as well as cleaning spray. It can also be used for washing clothes and dishes.
Here's how I make my very own easy and natural homemade Castile hand soap.
I have found the key to enjoying Castile liquid hand soap is using a foaming soap dispenser. If you use a standard dispenser you will find the consistency of the soap is too runny and a bit messy to use.
I wasn't able to find a foaming dispenser for a reasonable price so I purchased one filled with product from my local health food store and once it was all used, the dispenser was ready to fill with my own solution.
As a side note; up-cycling used commercial packaging is often how I find pretty vessels for my DIY products at low cost.
What you'll need:
- 500 ml foaming soap dispenser
- 100 ml liquid Castile soap
- 400ml demineralised water
- 20 drops essential oil (optional)
- Using the funnel add 20 drops of your preferred essential oil to the dispenser
- Follow this with the liquid Castile soap and demineralised water
- Screw the lid on the dispenser and shake gently
- That's it, you're done!
Most recently I have enjoyed using a blend of lemon and pink grapefruit essential oils but the possibilities are endless.
If you're frequently washing your hands and want to add some moisturising power to your soap, simply add a small amount of olive oil or liquid coconut oil and experiment until you're happy with the texture.
We hope we've inspired you to try something new and shown you just how easy it is to make your own natural hand soap. Please let us know your thoughts and ideas using the comments tool below.
Where I source my ingredients:
- Liquid Castile Soap by Lady Lather's Homemade Soap available from That Wholefood Place, Rockhampton, or Liquid Castile Soap available online from Biome Eco Stores.
- Klearwave Demineralised water 5L available from Bunnings Warehouse. We love it because the bulk size is economical, reduces waste and is recyclable.
- Lemon essential oil like this one from Biome Eco Stores.